Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Turkey

This is what we've been waiting for since this day last spring.  This was, hands down, the best turkey ever.  We will never go back to store bought as long as we have land to raise turkeys on.  
165 degrees and ready to be eaten!
You can see that I tired of picking out baby feathers the day I put this turkey in the freezer.  Since I'm not selling my turkeys and have no one to impress, I left them there.  There was a moment where I was afraid the turkey would not fit in the oven without being cut in half.  But M managed.  He always does.

I've never seen this kid eat so much in his whole life.  Shortly after he cleaned his plate, he ate two pieces of pie (pumpkin and pecan).

There really is something about raising your own food that feeds your soul as well as your body.