Monday, June 11, 2012

Horseshoe Lake

I spent my weekend "off" creating a new, beautiful schedule for our summer days (because as kids grow and change, the schedule has to too).  The first two hours went great!  Then I got an email from a friend asking if she could compete with the YMCA for my attention this afternoon...
...She was going to head to Horseshoe Lake for the afternoon because today is supposed to be the nicest day of the week.  I immediately decided that what good is a schedule and homeschooling if you have to miss all the good weather and miss out on an opportunity to spend the day at the park BEFORE the public schooled kids are out for summer?
One of the ways I keep my kids organized is by color coding.  Every child has their assigned color; it may or may not be their favorite.  D learned his colors by naming whose things belong to whom.  The great thing is Gaterade and Powerade both come in their colors too!  I bought the three older kids swim rings today (in their colors) and F and D sand toys (in their colors).  We spent 3 1/2 hours swimming, playing, and cooking in the sun with our greatest pals.  I can't think of a better way to spend a day.
These three kids thought they could catch the fish they are chasing with their bare hands! Hilarious!