Thursday, June 14, 2012

Working, Friends, and Crossover

I am now finished with my 30-day reviews for the school district.  I remember back in September when I had to write my first of the year..."One down, nine to go," I said to myself.  Writing 30-day reviews is a lot of work!  I have to remember exactly what topics, activities, and assessments we had for each class for each kid.  That would be 15 total reviews each month.  Luckily for this month, we've worked together doing a unit study on Washington State and I was able to copy the same review for each kid.  And then I was done until next September!  I celebrated my success by meeting my friends at the park after my work was done.  I let the kids come too.


After our four hours at the park, we had our Crossover Ceremony for Cub Scouts.  IJ moved from Webelos 1 to Webelos 2 and S moved from Bears to Webelos 1.  We don't have an actual bridge for the boys to cross.  And the leaders encourage the boys to cross in any manner that appeals to them.  I should have known S had something planned when he wanted to be last.  He slithered across on his belly like a snake.  Lovely.  I didn't get a picture because another mom stepped right in front of me when I tried to take my picture. 
 My Webelos.  My clowns.