Saturday, June 9, 2012

Slugs and Bugs

Slugs and bugs are the big thing at my house...still.  This morning, while I was taking a lovely nature walk around the house, D pointed to something on the ground and called it a yucky bug.  F bent down to examine it.

F: Yep, it was a bug.  I absolutely stepped on it.
Me: You mean you accidentally stepped on it?
F: No.  I absolutely stepped on it.

Others we've heard this last week are:
S:...and in one day, you will be eaten by a SHARK!
F: No it won't.  It will be TWO DAYS!

Me: ...and S, don't let F get your goat, okay?
S: What's "get my goat?"
F: I already have it! Ha ha!

(warning: bathroom humor)
F: ...my poo is so smelly, it smells almost as bad as mama's bathroom!
And that would be because we are back on disposable diapers until the baby is born.  Disposables are much nastier than washing cloth.  But I have no energy to do laundry.

And on a final note, my blog no longer qualifies as a member of Timberdoodle's review team.  Sniff, sniff.  I have to have at least 500 readers to qualify.  And I'm not interested in expanding my readership, I'm only interested in scaling down before the baby comes (which is why we sold 22 laying hens this last week).  Timberdoodle offered me a free extreme dot-to-dot book (500-1400 dots per puzzle) as a consolation prize...free with my next order, that is.  Ummm....no thanks.  By the time any of my kids can count that high, they no longer want to draw other people's pictures.

I'm off to make some tomato soup out of V8!