Friday, November 16, 2012

Lula Sleeps

There is just something strange about this kid.  I put her down on her play blanket so she can play with her feet.  I walk away, leaving an older sibling to guard her.  I come back a few minutes later and she is all alone and sound asleep.
 On the floor!
I asked Fiona why Lula was alone asleep on the floor.  She said, "Lula cried a little bit so I gave her a binky.  Then she fell asleep.  So I went to play."  There is just something weird about leaving a baby on the floor to sleep with five active siblings and two large dogs constantly galloping around the house.
Daniel plays, Lula sleeps
This morning, Lula fell asleep on my lap.  I slowly and carefully put her in the crib so she wouldn't wake up.  At that very second, Daniel flipped the light on and settled down to play trains in the dollhouse, chattering away.  I started to shush him, but really, if she was able to fall asleep with the sound around her, why couldn't she stay asleep with the same sounds?  And she did!

I'm glad we didn't stop having kids after Daniel.  I never would have been able to experience the "easy" baby I thought only existed in parenting books!  You know the one they write about-put the baby down sleepy, but awake, and she will learn to sleep through the night at three months of age.  I always though it was a myth!