Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Post Halloween, Anniversary, and Lula

I'm guilty of not updating in a timely manner.  For those new to my blog, I started writing and posting pictures of our daily life back in 2007 for my Nana.  She lives far, far away from us and neither one of us is a good traveler.  This blog was created so she could watch her great-grandchildren grow without having to come and visit! *big smile*  Mark pointed out last night it had been five whole days since I posted and something in our lives has to be more interesting than poached eggs!
Yes, we've had enough candy!
Our 11th anniversary came and went in the fashion of which we are most comfortable: we did what we do every day.  At this season in our life, it just isn't practical to have someone watch our six kids, two dogs, and crazy household while we pay to have someone else cook for us.  When the kids are grown and gone, which happens all too quickly (as we already know), we will have plenty of time and resources to do that.
Dum Dum (the brand of sucker he is eating) is D's word for "bottom"
Our anniversary is not the best time of year.  We got married when we did because of the bulltrout season-it was when Mark could take time off-and we picked a Friday so we could spend a weekend away and be back for school (the girls and I) and work (Mark).  How was I supposed to know that an early November anniversary is a terrible anniversary? The weather usually stinks and it is always election time.  Twice now, election night has fallen on our anniversary.  Oh well.  God has taught me plenty about patience and delayed gratification.  And it pays off!  Mark ordered a new computer for me!
Foot grabbing action!
Lula has a new trick!  She likes to grab her feet!  I can put her down on a blanket (well guarded) and she will just grab her toes and drool.  She is so adored by all her big brothers and sisters.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone who thinks younger children in large families don't get enough attention is full of baloney!
Lula likes to pull Fiona's hair!
Every morning I put her in the playpen with a dangle toy while I finish up my morning routine and every morning she falls asleep!  When she wakes up again, she just plays and coos until someone comes to get her.  She is still so completely sweet.  She slept completely through the night four nights in a row, then spent two nights in a row fussing every hour or so...I think I can now say she is sensitive to chocolate!  Too bad.
Evie like to hold and feed the baby-she's better than a doll!
Evie is just blossoming into a wonderful little girl.  She is so attentive and caring to her younger siblings.  She is detailed and methodical in her work.  I think she has inherited the CDO trait that some of our family members exhibit (CDO is OCD with the letters in the right order, they way they're supposed to be-haha).  She loves to hold Lula and asks to do so several times a day.  I read an article written for men who want their wives to bottle feed so they can sharing in the bonding that happens while feeding.  The article states, "You cannot bond over a bottle.  THAT IS A MYTH!"  I completely disagree!  I see my little girls bonding every day!
Remember this?
Daniel insists that picture is of him.  We have seen a return of kitty faces around here.  Fiona is quite artistic, don't you think?  She was caught decorating herself and her brother under the school table yesterday.  I never cared when IJ and Shane had whiskers because I used Crayola washable markers.  Fiona used CraZart "washable" markers that just don't wash off the same.  She went to park day with a redish-brownish face.
The return of the whiskers!
One would think IJ wouldn't be so obstinate looking, since he was the one that started the whole trend back in 2005. After further questioning, he admits he was unhappy that Fiona colored Daniel's fingernails to match.  We'll just call them claws.