Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Funnies

Monday doesn't have to be the worst day of the week!  Just come to my house!  Here are a few moments from my selective memory...

Daniel, while learning about shapes~
Me: And what shape is the basket ball?
Daniel: A Circle.
Me: And a football?
Daniel: An oval.
Me: What about your bellybutton?
Daniel (giggling): A circle!
Me: And your ear?
Daniel (getting a wicked gleam in his eye): An oval!  (flips over and sticks his bum in the air)  What about my bum? What shape is that, Mama?
Me: Two circles! (tickle, tickle)

Finding a new funny video "Facebook, Facebook, gotta check my Facebook!"  Ian and Evie also like this song...and I have a feeling they will be singing it to me for a long time.  I'm not addicted to Facebook, just bored and waiting for my slow students to finish their work! 

While lecturing the boys during my "break" time, I told them they needed to leave me alone and pretend that I was in my own little bubble...but I could still hear and see everything they did.  Their reaction was amazing; it was like they shared a brain.  They both ran straight at me, poked my bubble, and shouted "POP!" I laughed like crazy and gave Shane a big kiss, so they ran away and left me alone.

Fiona knocked down Mark's punching bag.  After she cried in her room for 45 minutes, she came out to talk punishments.  She decided that she would have to go without TV for a whole week!  I asked her if she planned on sitting on her bed anytime we wanted to watch something.  She said, "No....We [our family] just aren't going to watch TV at ALL this week."  Hmmm, sounds like the whole family is being punished for climbing up the punching bag.

Ian doing a science experiment~ He was supposed to measure the speed of light by melting a chocolate bar in the microwave.  It didn't work.  Instead, he filled the house with smoke and set off the smoke alarm.  "Didn't you watch to see when the two spots started melting?"  He said, "I couldn't see because of the smoke!"  I've decided to not redo the experiment; instead, Ian can write up the results he got, just like a real scientists would.