Sunday, April 13, 2014

Playing Catch Up

We've had some incredible weather and my yard has looked a lot like this:
The view from my living room window
I've felt like doing a little of this:
 And a little of this:
 I've seen a lot of this:
and this:
Free ranging tortoise
And I'm thinking winter is good and over!  Mark has tomatoes started and ready to plant in his new hoop garden.  Shane planted some onion starts in my little "kinder" garden, but they got hoed on accident.  I've taken the kids to the park and experimented with taking all seven into Burger King.  I've really enjoyed spending time with them and laughing at their antics.
Daniel's egg
I hard-boiled several eggs last week and the boys decided to draw faces on them before they ate them.  Daniel, of course, wanted to join the fun.  He played with his face egg for a whole day, pretending to tuck it in bed and everything. Then I decided it was time for me to crack the shell off and feed it to him.
NOT hard boiled
I'm glad I didn't step on it while it was on the floor of his room!  Another funny from this past week was the hatching of a spider egg sack in our living room:
This trampoline was gifted to us by a person who didn't use it anymore.  We replaced the cover since the old one was ripped and the springs were rusty (they kept the trampoline outside on their porch).  And since the baby spider eggs felt like spring was approaching, they hatched right out in our living room!

On the other hand, I've felt a little like this too:
You see, my Nana is sick.  She is not expected to be with us much longer.  This blog was started for her and the reason she got on her computer every day.  I know I have other family and friends who check in regularly, but it just won't be the same without her calling and thanking me for all the pictures I "send" her.  So I'm sad knowing that she will never see another blog post.