Friday, April 18, 2014

Sisters at the Zoo

Still playing catch up...  Last week, my older sister and her family came down from Alaska to visit.  They and my younger sister's family and my family all went to the zoo.
 I think this was the first time all of us girls went somewhere together without our parents.
Younger sister and her look-alike (but not in a feminine way) son
I've posted pictures of animals at this zoo a lot, so I'll just add the NEW funnies.  Lula totally loved the two monkeys and the anoa.  She kept jumping up and down and screeching at them and laughing crazily.
I love how Shane and Evie look adoringly at Lula in this picture.
We usually skip the touch tank, only because I don't want to have to herd the kids through the hand washing station.  But this time we went so our Alaskan cousins could touch the critters.
Lula loved this too...she kept sucking the seawater off her hands (EW!)
Traditional Shark Mouth Picture:
Now including Heidi
Right about this time in our zoo tour, we get tired and hungry.  This grassy hill is my favorite place to stop and slap together pb&j:
All the cousins
 But this really captures the moment:
Little ones trying to escape! Daniel refusing to look. Older boys wanting to disappear.
 And here I am, surrounded by my loving sisters: