Saturday, May 2, 2015

Birthday Trip to the Zoo

Fiona turned seven years old this last week!  I cannot believe how quickly the time goes.  She wanted to have a pool party, just like Evie did, but the YMCA rules are that you have to have a parent within arms reach in the pool until you are eight years old.  I figured the mamas aren't interested in getting in the pool, so we went to the zoo instead.


I love the look on Fiona's face when she opened her Barbie horse set.  Evie's Barbies get to ride Breyer horses and Fiona's Barbies have to walk.  Not anymore!


Fiona is such a sweetheart and is full of sunshine and light.  I've never known such a loving caring person.


I loved going to the zoo with my new camera.  Pictures that used to be blurry are now nice a crisp with great color.  Heidi liked the little fishes, but anything bigger than what you see pictured above scared her.


I only took six kids to the zoo (Ian stayed home to do his schoolwork in peace and quiet and then play video games), but I was not alone.  My sister and parents were there, which was nice for Lula because she made my sister carry her the whole time.  Shane was Heidi's buddy.


These two girls have always been friends.  They go disappear in their room on school mornings and play and play until noon.  Sometimes it drives me crazy, especially when I need them to spell words correctly in their workbooks, but other times I know that their relationship is more important.


Heidi was also scared of the walrus. The walrus is always my favorite.


After the zoo, we stopped by Costco and got pizza and fruit salad for dinner and had chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert.  The kids watched Annie and I crashed on the couch.  Happy birthday Fiona!