Saturday, February 20, 2016

Birds in Flight

Our eagle is back, like it is every year.  It got Dracula last week and came back for more this morning.  The dogs have become bird-chasing dogs, thanks to Kai and his weird obsession with crows. Jack picked up the sky-watching habit and had this eagle "treed" long enough for me to shoot it.... with the camera.
Original shot with Lazy Person Lens

Same shot, cropped. I can't believe you can see its pupil.
 I'm not sure if the eagle was after our ducks/geese/chickens or if it was after the wild ducks.  They didn't waste any time getting out of there when the eagle was watching me.

Ducks in Flight
 The eagle waited for me to leave, but when it became apparent I wasn't going anywhere, it left.


Jack chased it to make sure it wasn't going to come back.  Later today, after I took the four youngsters to Target and Costco, I took them outside for some fresh air.  This time we saw a great blue heron. These birds always get the roosters anxious and the dogs barking, but they are usually only after frogs.


My youngsters spent some time ferrying around the giant puddle of 2015-16.  They sure are enjoying the water and mild weather this winter!