Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Night Frogs

Anytime we open the door the last few nights, the frogs have been SO LOUD!  Our pasture is still flooded, so they have moved in.  Tonight I decided to take a flashlight out and see if I couldn't catch one...with my camera.

And man oh man, they were so loud it hurt my ears!


I had to get the kids and bring them out too...


Rough skinned newt
Giant Water Bug
Catch and Release
After the three kids went back inside, I had to bring Heidi and Jason back out with me (they were a bit upset I left them inside).  Imagine me, if you will, standing in a big puddle wearing Mark's boots and a long skirt-dragging in the water-with a baby in one arm and a crying toddler behind me in the dark....


...with a flashlight in my mouth...


...and a camera in my other hand.  Awkward, yes, but totally worth it.