Saturday, May 3, 2008

More baby pics


Baby has stolen our hearts, what can I say? My midwife came over yesterday to weigh Baby and check on the two of us. We are both doing very well and Baby did not lose very much weight; she is down to 8lbs, 5oz. The PKU test is always hard for the baby receiving the heel prick, but I think it was harder on her Dad. This picture was taken after she had a loooong nursing session after the PKU test. It was luck we captured this fleeting smile...


DH is so happy with his great bunch of kids. We are settling into the pattern of active alert time, followed by a nursing and a long nap. Naps that usually end right when I want to go to bed at the end of the day. But sleepless nights come with the territory and I am thankful I have a comfortable recliner where I can nurse Baby and sleep at the same time.






The kids are adjusting quite well to their new baby sister. Child #3 told me that yesterday his dreams came true: He got green bean seeds for his garden, he got mangoes from the grocery store, and he has a new baby sister. What a life!