Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sisters


Child #5 isn't quite sure what she thinks of having a new baby around the house. She copies what she hears her brothers say: "Oh, 'ook at the baby! She's so cuuuute!" But she also says, "Put baby down, Mama!" When she saw her baby sister wearing a diaper cover that looks exactly like hers, she started to cry because she thought it was hers! She has become very possessive of things and even hugged a pair of maternity pantyhose to her chest when she thought another little girl was going to take it from her at the mall today. I made her put it back on the hook. But last night she said showed her true colors-I hope. We do a lot of co-sleeping. In fact, I am under orders to co-sleep with Baby to keep the milk supply up. Child #5 usually joins DH and I in the middle of the night, just like her brothers did at this age. Because DH is gone this weekend, I have the bed gloriously all to myself until Child #5 joins me. Last night I never heard her come in. She crawled into bed and snuggled right up against her baby sister. I woke up later to feed the baby, thought "How cute" and moved the baby to my other side for her feeding. An hour later, Child #5 woke up crying saying, "Where's my baby? Where's my baby?" and wouldn't calm down until I showed her that her baby sister was safely asleep on my other side. There is hope that sibling rivalry won't be to hard with this one after all...