Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Diapers and Amazing Babies

This is not the greatest picture, but I wanted to show off this cute diaper I sewed this weekend...I made it from a rainbow sheet that I found under our stairs (inside layer) and a baby blanket I got at Value Village for 99 cents.

I read a review in Science News on the latest Desmond Morris's book, Amazing Baby, and how newborn babies can swim if placed tummy down in warm water. This of course piqued my interest and now while I wait for the library to buy this particular book, I'm perusing his others. I've learned all about hand gestures in many cultures, their history, and what they mean in Body Talk. And I've learned all sorts of things about babies, some I believe and some that sound like a bunch of you-know-what, in Baby Watching. The best part of Baby Watching was watching my baby try to talk to the baby on the cover of the book. It's fun to read a "serious" book written by a zoologist and laugh at it.

I read a blog written by a mom who is exploring photography. She recently posted about light reflections in eyes. This is my atempt to experiement with lighting and eyes... This kid looks like he just did something naughty, and enjoyed every second of it... And this one looks like her brother just showed her a worm. But no daughter of mine is scared of worms. In fact, this very same girl has a worm in the house right this second so she can feed it to her older sister's fish.

Here are the nice pictures: