Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Let He Who Is Without Sin...

This morning we replaced the hood fan that has been broken since we moved in. What a pain! The wood was so hard and the screws so short that it took two of us to hold the fan up. Unfortunately for me, M had used the oven earlier and it was still venting hot air right where I had to lean. So, we ended up having to prop the fan with a cooler, the dog food, and two books. My older daughters, who know M so well, will laugh at the following... when M was done with the project, he proudly put his tools away. In his tool box. So he could find them while working on the next project. Because everyone who knows him knows that he never puts his tools away. Ever. And that is why he had to buy a whole new set of tools yesterday. Because he left all of his tools at Twin Firs over the weekend.

And can anyone guess where he is, right this second? At the hardware store! Because we need some more supplies for the next project for the day: the toilet! Yes, we have no toilet right now. A simple change of the wax ring is now a big huge project.

We are keeping the kids busy with our new unit of study: ladybugs! IJ thinks he is too old for ladybugs, but his work is going to be a little more difficult than coloring and cutting (E) or making a ladybug clock (S).Mr. Smarty Pants had to label the parts of a ladybug with no help. And draw lines following cardinal directions to show a ladybug's path through a garden. That's what he gets for thinking he knows everything!

So, M is sloppy with his tools, IJ thinks he knows everything. What about me? I packed my projects. I have a LOT of projects. Can you see My Pathetic Doberman next to the Leaning Tower of Yarn? The cardboard also holds yarn. And fabric. And other fun stuff that I will get to some time. And thats not all! I have scrapbook supplies too! And paints! And the orange bar is also full of beading, cross stitching, etc...