Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

We spent our Mother's Day at Twin Firs. We try to take a family picture every year, but last year we had a newborn that wasn't nursing well and the camera had no batteries when we got to the beach. This year we are missing a few kids. But that is what happens when your kids grow up. Sigh...

We don't do a lot of money-based gifts around here. Just think of it: our anniversary, Christmas, birthday, Mother's Day... why that's FOUR holidays my darling would have to think of a meaningful gift to buy me! And four gifts I would have to think of for him. That's a lot of pressure. So we like to focus on acts of kindness. Sunday morning, my dearest husband made me breakfast, of course. But my favorite gesture was when he carried my ugly (but much-loved) rocking chair out into the front yard. Not only is this chair ugly (orange plaid from the 70's) but it is also HEAVY. And I love it. M labored under the unsightly mass just so I could knit and watch him work in our new garden. Now that is a Mother's Day present worth bragging about!

And... We are going to learn about WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH M'S JOB TODAY!

In 90 minutes we will know our fate. The suspense is killing us!