Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Zoo

This morning, IJ and I talked about common nouns and proper names for some common nouns. The common noun zoo can be a proper noun when it is called The Point Defiance Zoo. And so we went. For our homeschool science. This post is picture heavy, but fun.

Who are the monkeys? And who is watching whom?Guess what the kids got to ride? A camel! When I asked the kids if they wanted to ride the camel, S said, "Okay, but just as long as its not a dromedary." Someone has listened to Curious George Learns the Alphabet too many times. He did not want to go "bump, bump, bump, and get dizzy." So I have a new camera. This is one of the cool functions. In low lights, the camera takes two pictures with two different settings so you can pick which one you like better later. No need to mess with settings and miss a good picture (not that these are good pictures, but they illustrate the function). The polar bear height picture op has been there since I was a kid. It was fun to line my kids up in front of it. The Kid Zone is a favorite because of the low to the ground exhibits and fun things to climb on. I haven't let my kids play in the water until today and boy they had fun. Especially my little Water Lily. But the best part was that Grandad came along with us. We wore him out, but he had a good time anyway.