Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We celebrated like any parents-with-many-kids-and-a-baby-on-the-way: We left three of them with Grandad and took F errand running.  We went to the dump, the grocery store, and the hardware store.  We pretended F was an only child expecting her first sibling.  Cashiers and grannies fawned all over her, her big eyes, and her cute hand knit pants.  We do like our little jokes.
Our real celebration was heart-shaped Boboli pizzas (the pizza says I Love You by the way) and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle marathon.  Heroes in a half shell!  Turtle Power!

Was this my most romantic Valentine's Day?  Not at all.  But it was just what I needed.  Last week completely wiped me out.  I'm thankful M has a day off tomorrow; he has been so incredibly helpful as I've slowed way down.  Maybe I'll take a Mid-Winter break after all...