Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School!

Today is our First Day of School!  Hooray!  I survived Summer Vacation!
This year I have a third grader, a second grader, and a Pre-Kindergartener along with a toddler and infant.  I think this may be my most difficult year yet as far as balancing acts go.

We've had a few practice days so we can figure out what part(s) of my schedule are working or not and how our normal day ebbs and flows.  I've learned that I have to have a rigid timed schedule or nothing gets started.  I only have six minutes left of my lunch break before we move on to my next subject, so I guess details will have to wait until another time.  But I will leave you with this: I love my baby backpack and I'm glad my kids don't argue with me (too much).

My I Love Homeschooling! moment came when IJ and I were reading A Lion to Guard Us this morning.  The girl in the book tells the doctor her father is in Jamestown.  He stops reading, looks up at me, and says, "That's tough!  Jamestown was a hard place to be in colonial times!"