Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hand-iwork

Me time!  It took us two hours to get through chemistry today.  And I am so ready for this steaming hot cuppa coffee and some time on the computer!

Baby D is working on his finger skills.  I was trying to take a cute picture of D here, but F stuck this Flying Disc tag (a relic from S's birthday) in the middle of my picture.  Which turned out to be great because he got right to work on trying to pick it up.
"Is this for ME?  You shouldn't have!"
Even though this kid is way down the line, his little accomplishments are still special and noteworthy.  Yes, I wrote everything down in IJ's baby book.  And a bunch in S's.  A little less in E's.  And almost nothing in F's (where is it anyway?).  And maybe D's name in his.  But their whole lives are right here in the blog, which is so much better!
"Almost got it..."
"Oops, it got away again!"
I've loved watching him develop his concentration and finger skills this last week.  He'll even grab his feet.  I remember when E was a baby going to see the pediatrician.  He asked me what made E different from her older brothers.  I remember looking at him blankly and saying, "Uhhh...She's a girl?"  What he really wanted to me to do was think about how she was a unique individual.  Well duh!
So one thing that stands out and makes D different from the rest of these kids is his willingness to spend time on his tummy.  Tummy Time those "experts" call it.  I've had "experts" tell me that babies need time on their tummies everyday so they can develop those back and neck muscles.  I see Tummy Time mats with engaging brightly colored thingies that stimulate the baby's mind in stores. 
But all you really need is an old tag with WARNING: Choking Hazard printed on it.