Saturday, August 7, 2010

Miracle Ranch


The boys spent the week at Miracle Ranch this last week.  They went swimming, rode horses, played games, etc. etc. and had so much fun!  And thanks to technology, we were able to enjoy pictures of our kids enjoying camp!
IJ Flips for Swimming!
I remember going to camp and taking my own camera.  There was always the risk of losing my camera, the cost of developing the film, and the resulting awful pictures of people, horses, and scenery that I could never remember years later. 
Copper Ball

Now the staff takes digital pictures, uploads everything to Facebook, and I download only the pictures of my kids.  I love it!
S playing Drip, Drip, Drop
I also find out what they played during the week.  Like most kids, you ask them what they did and they say, "Rode horses.  Went swimming.  Had fun."  And that's it!
But now since I have these pictures, I find out they played Drip, Drip, Drop which is a game like Duck, Duck, Goose.  Only with water!  How fun!
IJ gets "Dropped"
I did miss the boys and didn't really like waking up early and driving an hour round trip to drop them off and another hour to pick them up.  But absence makes the heart grow fonder.  My boys gave me so much love when they got home!  And the break refreshed my spirit and recharged my energy for homeschooling.  I also enjoyed how the boys and girls reconnected after being apart so much:

Three weeks left of summer vacation!