Thursday, December 22, 2011

Best and Worst Wednesday-on Thursday

Once again, I am a day late with my best and worst Wednesday.  I downloaded the camera and found that every single picture was of The Pirate.  Even the video clips are of The Pirate snoring.

We can't even walk by this dog without giving him a snuggle
The best part about M starting his vacation yesterday and offering to watch all the kids for me?  I ran errands...alone!  The worst part?  It took me six hours! And all I did was go to the midwife, Costco, the grocery store, and Target.  And I picked up my local milk.  And stopped by the library.  And then I tried to go to the post office to buy stamps but they close at 430!  What a ridiculous time to close!

He Snores!
The best part about M being home for an extended period of time?  He gets busy on home improvement projects!  The worst part?  He started with digging up the septic tank...and we're looking at a potential major problem.  I guess I should be thankful we didn't put in a new fence first!

Soothing the Savage Beast-I won't tell who is who
The best part about having savings? Nothing goes on credit.  The worst part?  Having to say goodbye at Christmas when you dig up the septic tank.
Hug Me! Hug Me! Hug Me!
The best part about being M and starting your home improvement tasks before breakfast?  You are first in line to get your septic tank pumped for the day.  The worst part?  We don't know when they will be here, when they'll be finished, what the final diagnosis will be, or when we can start using the water again.  No water + five kids (one in cloth diapers) = not a fun day.

I wish I could tell his previous family what a great life The Pirate has
The best part about bringing The Pirate home a week before Christmas?  He has kept the kids from being all crazy with the anticipation of Christmas.  The worst part?  I haven't thought of one yet.