Friday, December 2, 2011

E Loses a Tooth

The game was simple: stack up all the couch cushions and fall off onto the floor.  Sometimes you can fall on your sibling, but they never get hurt because the cushions fall on them first.  But then something went wrong...

...S held the cushions while E tried to fall on him.  She fell sideways and hit the couch with her face.  She started to cry.  Unsympathetic me said, "Hey, you chose to play a dangerous game.  Don't come crying to me when you get hurt!"
"My tooth fell out!  Wah!"
E lost her first tooth!  And S knocked it out!  It was too funny.  I couldn't help it.  I laughed and laughed and laughed.  I only laughed because a few nights ago she was really worried that her tooth would fall out while she was sleeping and she would swallow it.  Just like IJ did.  I reassured her it would be a long time before her tooth was loose enough to fall out.
"Smile!"
Her tooth has one long root piece still attached, so the tooth did come out a bit early.  But now she doesn't have to worry about swallowing her tooth.  And she gets to have her first Tooth Fairy ceremony.
"That's better!"

And in other news...the Cooper's Hawk came back, tried three times to get a chicken, but only succeeded in getting chased by the cat and barked at by the dog.  Watching for predators is a full time job!