Thursday, December 15, 2011

Best and Worst Wednesday

I know, today is Thursday.  I was a little busy yesterday with two things: the new dog (henceforth called The Pirate) and wrestling.  This Best and Worst Wednesday will represent the percentage of my day spent in each category yesterday.

We knew that gate would come in handy!
The best thing about having two dogs inside? They keep each other occupied instead of needing me.  The worst part? Instead of just one dog following me around all day, there are two.  It brings new light to the saying, "dogging my footsteps."  Don't worry, Pathetic Doberman still keeps her spot at my feet wherever I sit.  The Pirate hasn't taken her favorite spot.  He has better things to do.

A boy's best friend- if only IJ were strong enough to walk him!
The best part about reading Old Yeller and having M for a dad?  Your wishes come true as soon as you pine for your very own dog!  The worst part?  Your mom starts mumbling that she should have given you Cujo to read instead.  Hey, they are both books about dogs with rabies!

Santa better watch it- The Pirate likes to nibble his hat!
The best part about D loving Thomas as much as his older brothers did?  He quietly plays as long as Thomas is on TV.  The worst part?  We watch the same DVD, nonstop, all day long.  Peace has its price when there are new dogs to watch.  We are accident free for over 40 hours!

One of our Cub Scouts-they move so fast!
The best part about IJ and S on a wrestling team?  They spend six hours a week in an environment that is safer than my living room with people who can teach them moves that won't break their necks.  I think.  I've seen three bloody mouths just this week (on other kids, not mine).  The worst part?  They have to wear outfits (singlets) that look like girl's bathing suits (IJ's words, not mine).  They went to their first match last night, but because our team is the largest in the area and we wrestled the smallest team in the area, IJ and S watched.  In their singlets.  Talk about adding insult to injury!  But I learned how to time matches-how did the coaches know I planned to spend match time knitting and talking to other parents instead of watching?