Friday, January 27, 2012

Fun at My House

F is still cracking us up with all the cute things she says.  Among them yesterday were:

"I'm afraid [E] is going to kiss my prince!"

(F is caught throwing a book at E-unrelated to the prince-kissing above- and tries to keep E from telling on her)
Me: ...and you can't hide your sins, because although I can't see everything, God can and he can see you sinning.
F: Well, I can hide my money!

(F gets her finger caught in the baby gate and scrapes some skin off the first knuckle of her right pinkie finger.  There is no blood.  Just missing skin.)
F: (sobbing-five minutes after the accident) ...and it's not as fancy as it used to be and it will never be soft again!  Wah!!!!
The end of Monsieur Hiver
Now, you can laugh at me, the pregnant lady:  I watched the movie Ramona and Beezus with my kids yesterday.  I haven't been this emotionally affected by a movie since I watched Dumbo right after E was born.  I couldn't help it.  It had to be the hormones.  When Picky Picky died, I just lost it.  Big, fat, rolling tears that I just couldn't keep from rolling down my cheeks.  Maybe it was because Ramona was my best friend growing up, along with Laura Ingalls. 
 Also? I can smell everything.  Just ask Pathetic Doberman, who found an old, stinky fish head to roll in yesterday.  Or the hat that was left on the wood stove rack to dry too long. 

E lost her second tooth yesterday...and lost it again somewhere on the floor.  She learned her hand isn't necessarily the safest place she could keep her tooth while waiting for bedtime.  She was pleasantly surprised to find $.99 when she woke up-all in pennies and dimes which she just learned to count in math.  I'm sure the Tooth Fairy will leave the other penny when the lost tooth is located.

I am convinced that God made the ground freeze on purpose last night-just for me.  The pump truck did not get stuck this morning.  And now the old tank is out!
For your education, this is a septic tank
I turned around just in time to see that digger pull up my daffodil tire.  I ran out and asked the digger to stop so I could rescue my bulbs.  This I did, and I hope M appreciates that I froze my fingers off, digging in frozen dirt to save his mother's flowers.