Friday, October 12, 2012

A Picture is Worth...

...a thousand words.  My words will not number a thousand, but I think a little over a hundred are needed to explain...
...that the backdoor is really hard to open and close.  Sometimes the kids don't close the door all the way.  The dogs know that if they push on the backdoor with their noses, sometimes it will open and they can come inside.  The dogs can't close the door behind them, so sometimes I'm surprised to see the backdoor wide open.  Today I was washing dishes and I saw Daniel head outside.  "Fine," I think to myself, "I'll just finish up here real quick and then go get him and close the door."  A few minutes later, Daniel comes back in the house, opens the towel drawer, and says, "Hands-a-dirty!"  I asked him if he had dirt on his hands.  He said, "No, paint!"  Oh dear.  "What were you doing?"  "I paint-a-house!" 

I think the take home message is two-fold: Make sure the doors are always closed and clean up after a paint job!