Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Carving Pumpkins

Many years have gone by without carved pumpkins at our house.  Too many.  I always buy the pumpkins.  And we sometimes paint them.  One year we shot them.  This year we actually carved them.
Evie had two pumpkins: a tiny one from Awanas that came with a little poem about cutting open its head to pull out the sin and a flat pumpkin that she picked out at the pumpkin patch.
Daniel's pumpkin was a "dumpkin" hybrid from the pumpkin patch.  I can't believe they charged me double just because it wasn't a carver.  They should have given it to me free because it was a weed.  But it is cool:)

Fiona had an...interesting face.  That is not how it looked carved however.  My carving man takes artistic liberty with the carving of faces and had a hard time letting the boys do their own carving...
...for safety reasons of course!