Monday, January 14, 2013

Merry Monday Morning

Charlie is getting big!
Nothing is better than following up a fun weekend away with an early morning well child doctor's appointment.  Early as in leaving at 8:00 while everything is still completely frozen.  Yep, not my greatest idea.  The appointment lasted 1 1/2 hours...and it only took Daniel about fifteen minutes to demand that we leave and go home again.  And it wasn't even his appointment.  About 45 minutes in, he started crying, "It's MY turn! It's MY turn!"  I asked him if he really wanted a shot like his sisters and he said, "YES!"  The doctor asked if he was due for any and if she should pull up his chart.  I said, "Sure, why not? He asked for it! He totally deserves it!"  Daniel got two shots, Fiona got two shots, and Lula got three.  Fiona, our thespian monarch in training, bawled dramatically and refused to walk, dragging her leg behind her, and insisting the doctor shot her in her bone.  Daniel screamed so forcefully, his face turned a shade of red I've never seen before.  By the time Lula started crying, I started to feel myself slip away into that happy place in the back of my brain where nothing bothers me.  I still haven't recovered.
Lula is still bigger!
And just for fun, here are five indications your house is too cold:
  • You have to break the ice on the bottle before you can feed the baby
  • You can see your breath when you talk
  • The dogs no longer bark at the UPS man because their jaws are frozen shut
  • You can leave the chicken on the counter for three days and you still have to defrost it in the microwave
  • Drooling babies form icicles on their chins 
Now I'm going back to my place by the fire to knit myself a shawl!