Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bumbo Baby!

The Bumbo is a newer seat that I wish I would have had for my first five kids.  It's perfect for that age where the baby can hold their head up, but not sit unassisted.  We were blessed with TWO Bumbos as hand-me-downs and I used them until Lula started sitting up on her own.  I know I've bragged about what a good sleeper she is, but this is just pathetic:
She must be growing (again) because she slept TEN hours STRAIGHT last night in a dark unheated room all by herself without waking once.  Yes, I went straight in her room and poked her this morning, just to make sure she was still there.  She is now entering Nap Hour #3 after I pulled her out of the Bumbo and put her in her bed.  I am starting to worry that she sleeps too much...but I do really enjoy having an "easy" baby after the five that came before her.

Here is our ancient baby holder that we bought used when IJ was a baby:
We affectionately call it the Time Machine.  Mark no longer remembers why we dubbed it that, but I do!  HERE is a link to old pictures of the Time Machine.  And once again, it looks like I missed posting a picture of Daniel.  So here it is:
Once upon a time, I posted about the five month old discovering the dog HERE.  Our current five (almost six) month old has discovered My Pathetic Doberman, but she prefers Jack 9 times out of 10:
(Lula is ignoring Mina and reaching for Jack in this picture.  I'm also trying to ignore Mina.)
I know you all have missed me, but Mark is still hogging my computer.  I'm almost looking forward to him going  back to work on Monday...almost.