Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Party

After I checked the weather report yesterday, I realized that if we wanted a nice day at the pumpkin patch I would have to pull myself up by my bootstraps and get the kids out of the house!
Unfortunately, we were too late and our favorite local pumpkin patch was closed for the season.  Boo!  Since Mark was on a conference call and couldn't have us in the house making noise, we put it to a vote and decided just to drive to the grocery store and buy pumpkins.  So no cute pictures of Lula running through the field will be posted this year.
To make up for the lameness of the grocery store, I bought some instant apple cider, caramel sauce, and pizza so we could have a pumpkin party.  I also realized that if I wanted Mark to be in charge of the carving, I would have to have our party as soon as we got home.  Which also meant I wouldn't be attending the pumpkin party because I had an appointment with the chiropractor-midwife.
The good news is: Lucky flipped head down again!  I spent the weekend doing the inversion exercises and by the time I had my second chiropractor appointment, she was head down!  Now we just have to hope and pray she stays that way.  It is possible that she will flip back.  She just seems to like to move around.  I'm starting to get used to the sensation of her moving; this morning she went transverse for awhile, but then got head down again.  It was weird feeling her bum stick out the side of my belly! The midwives will be out for a home visit tomorrow and will check her position again and then I have one last adjustment next week.  I am now a chiropractor convert. 
We were definitely feeling celebratory last night when I got home.  I got to eat cold pizza, but I didn't miss the apple cider or the apple slices with caramel sauce! Yum! I love the face that Daniel drew on his pumpkin (above).  He showed it to me and said that he drew Daddy!  Ian and Shane carved their own pumpkins this year and Mark did the rest.  Can you guess which two are the boys' pumpkins?
From left to right: Ian's, Fiona's, Daniel's, Shane's (above the rest), and finally, Evie's.