Friday, October 18, 2013

"There's a hole in my hot dog!"

"...and I'm never eating AGAIN!"

Here are some gems from Ian, all said before lunch:

"Are you one of those moms that turn their kids against their dads?" *jaw drop* NO! But, I'm also not one of those moms who will agree with everything the dad says just because he is the man.  If he is wrong, he is wrong.  You need to go to the dentist every six months for a cleaning whether you like it or not!

"A few days ago you were RoboMom.  Now you are a cranky old lady. What happened?"

"There is no point in going on the Night Hike without Dad.  He is the best.  He is always there for me.  When I'm tired and I don't think I can go any farther, he *giggle giggle* calls me a wimp and a sissy *giggle giggle* and then if I fall, he *giggle giggle* kicks me in the *giggle giggle* butt and tells me to get up and get going!"

"I wish I had a grizzly bear.  I'd train it to keep Shane locked in his room when he makes me mad.  I'll also teach him to sit."  Hmm...the logistics of keeping a grizzly bear in the house just to keep Shane locked up doesn't really work for me.

Ian, for the most part, makes me laugh.  He really does have a great sense of humor.  He made his first joke before he could even string two words together.  He and Shane are only 15 months apart.  When Shane was a little baby and I was nursing him, Big Baby Ian was giving him kisses.  I said, "Kiss Mama, Ian."  He ignored me and kept kissing Little Baby Shane.  I said again, "Give Mama a kiss!"  He kissed Shane again and smiled, pointed to Shane, and said, "Mama!"  But there does come a time when his joking really gets on my nerves and I want to send him to public school and never see him again.  But then again, I would be missing out on the really funny jokes if he were gone...