Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mean Mom

I'm such a mean mom. I made my kids wash the van yesterday. They washed Grandad's car too, just for a nice surprise. And then I made them eat their dinner. And when S and E didn't eat, I sent them to bed, promising they would get their uneaten dinner for breakfast. IJ got to stay up and watch a movie with me, so when he went to bed he reported this: E crawled up into S's top bunk so they wouldn't be lonely. Which is funny to me because most kids have their own room. My four kids share one room. And two is too lonely.

And true to my word, I served dinner for breakfast. S happily ate his. He wakes up early and hungry. E is still working on hers. And moaning about the whole thing. Today we are going to the dentist, with a side trip to the library. Big City, here we come!