Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Super Paper Airplanes

The kids haven't left our property since we came back from our last trip to the Old Hometown. And I've left twice; once to go to Costco and once to go to the dentist. Today a few books on folding paper airplanes came into the local library (local as in a short 30 minute drive), so I packed up the kids and picked them up. We also stopped at the local market and bought ice cream bars for a treat. This is what a baby looks like after she falls asleep eating ice cream:And these are the super airplanes that I spent the afternoon folding:
These are the hardest and coolest airplanes I have ever folded. I had to pull out my old scrapbooking stuff to make the cuts needed. The ungrateful child on the right (the one who isn't smiling) thought his plane looked cool, but didn't like the way it flew (far and fast, but not far or fast enough). He ruined it trying to add flaps. See if I ever fold another plane for him!