Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Nature of Things

This cool cat is so good with kids. She lets F play with her tail. She lets E and S carry her all over the house. She plays with whatever toy IJ can create. And she hangs out with me at the end of a long day and purrs.But she absolutely, positively HATES the dog. I'm so mad at the dog I won't even call her My Pathetic Doberman. I'm thinking about changing her name to most hated dog ever. The most hated dog ever pushed our back door open when the cat was being held by E. Most hated dog ever BIT my little baby E as the cat ran for her life. Then a fight ensued with much yelling and screaming by kids and pets alike. I chased the most hated dog ever out the door and whacked her with a paint roller (the only weapon I had available). Neither animal was hurt and the kids were just shaken.

In other news, before the whole cat and dog fight, I took the kids out for a stroll. I really wanted them to discover something new and exciting that they had never seen before. And we weren't disappointed. After finding spiders living at the tops of thistles and tall grasses, we found these cool bugs living on an alder. They look like tiny lady bugs, but I think they are aphids. I will probably spend the rest of the day trying to find out what kind of bug they are (instead of cleaning and unpacking the last of the hard-to-unpack boxes).