Monday, August 3, 2009

My Pathetic Life

Just kiddin' That title sounded fun this morning. My dearest husband set a computer up for me, all me! We are networked and can access each other's files. We can both be online and on the phone! And I don't have some dumpy hand-me-down computer; I have the one that ran our household for years! Wait, that sounds the same. But the computer is customized with tricked-out harddrives and stuff. Sweet! Here is my sweetheart, climbing under the house to run an ethernet cable from one end to the other.Our house is so long and has so many walls that a wireless router didn't have the strength to keep us together. And here is the Under The House Gang, that survived large insects, arachnids, rodents, and fungi to help their dad by holding the flashlight.When the temps reached 100 degrees last week, IJ and I built a solar cooker and made some rice for dinner. I wrote it off as a science project when I asked him if he remembered our light unit in Science last Spring. We chatted casually about light waves and the greenhouse effect as we glued aluminum foil to an old moving box (with F's help).After a few modifications in my design, which I made up myself after looking at other designs online, I look forward to cooking dinner the lazy way on sunny days.

IJ is quite possibly the best big brother in the world if you are a girl under the age of two: Riding into the sunset on Buster, the trusty spring-horse. We have no space for him indoors, so he lives in our Pathetic Front Yard.