Saturday, April 24, 2010

One Week Old

Baby D is now one week old.  He has a definite pattern of sleep, nurse, sleep, nurse- with a few diaper changes in there.  He sleeps really well at night.  So well that I worry about him and wake him up around 3:00 for a feeding.

If he isn't nursing, he is crying.  I'm trying really hard to get him on a pacifier.  I've had two kids love them (IJ and E) and two kids that wouldn't take them at all (S and F).  I prefer pacifiers, especially now since I live in an area where I have to drive a lot.

He goes through a quiet active alert stage once a day, which was when I took these pictures.  He was so happy...for about five minutes.  Then he was crying again.

I always forget how much a newborn likes to be held.  And that they only want Mama and can tell the difference between Mama and Not-Mama.  I'm really looking forward to the end of the newborn stage.