Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another Fun-Filled Friday

I just can't do school when the sun is shining and I know the rain will return in a few days.  So we gave Baby D a bath:
He is no longer starving!  And the family doctor saved himself the trouble of being "fired" by referring us to a pediatrician.  Just when I was ready to give him a second chance.  So we will be heading in to our new doctor on Monday!
I made some bubble juice for the kids (does that count for a science experiment?) out of water, dish soap, and glycerin.  I bought the glycerin a long time ago at that great little pharmacy that used to be in the old home town.  When I tried to replace it today, the pharmacist looked at me like I was crazy (I'm getting used to that); why would anyone want a bottle of liquid glycerin?  He offered to give me glycerin suppositories.  I said, "No thanks."

I let IJ give his brother a bottle.  I'm working really hard to reassociate Baby D with the breast and reduce the use of the bottle.  But I have to use up what I've pumped.  While I was taking pictures of the tender moment of brotherly love I said, "It's a good thing I won't send you to public school.  You are so handsome, the girls would be chasing you all day long trying to kiss you."
He pretends to be grossed out, but you can tell he is pleased with the thought of a girl kissing him!
And now we move on to wild life stories.  My Husband's Pathetic Doberman was caught digging and chewing on the tire of my van!  And there was a cat on the other side!  We thought the dog was trying to get the cat.  But then we saw a rodent-shaped tail hanging out of my wheel cover!  EEEEWWWW!  I poked it with a stick to see if the tail was attached to something alive.  It moved!  It was clear that both the cat and the dog were trying to get the same thing.  So I got in my van and drove away (I was going to the store anyway).  And I have no idea if the mouse jumped out or got chopped to pieces in my wheel.

Last year we watched twin fawns play in the pasture every time we came down to visit (and then we moved).  Last night they paid us a visit and came all the way up on the patio!  I happened to be sitting on the new couch and nursing the baby and got this picture:
 The fawn is almost nose to nose with Ling Ling the cat.  They got very close to each other and looked like they were going to fight for dominance over the patio!  Ling Ling ran away.  When the Pathetic Doberman saw them she nearly died from excitement.  The fawns ran off when they heard her bark, but they only went as far as the edge of the bank.  Then the played in the pasture, jumping around like they did last year.