Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Scary Hair

It's a good thing I have my very own detective.  I need to solve a mystery!  The mystery of this:
Who left that pile of hair under my sewing table???  Maybe I don't need a detective:
Mystery Solved!

The real story:  Last night I took IJ to his Cub Scout meeting.  We are getting new pipes today, so M was very busy getting the house ready last night.  So busy he couldn't keep his eyes on the kids every second.  When I got home, E was playing Jump Start in a dark room.  I called her for fruit pizza and didn't get a close look at her until M said, "It looks like you've been cutting your own hair!"  I sent her straight to bed.  This morning I found the pile of hair. And another one in the living room!*  And she knew she did something wrong!  She tried to cover it all up by wearing a headband.

*Edited to add the second pile of hair belongs to the perpetrator's little sister:
See the short patch above and slightly behind F's ear? Detective IJ is questioning the suspect, while Detective M is questioning me.  Of course the scissors are kept out of reach!  The toddler and her older sister both know how to move chairs.  Our solution is to keep all hair out of reach.