Friday, September 3, 2010

The Explorers Hit the Zoo

Gotta have the Shark Jaw pic!
The kids and I, along with two other local homeschooling converts, celebrated the first week of school-and us not being there-with a field trip to the Point Defiance Zoo!  And what a lovely day to go! 
Lunch!
We are only three families so far, but we are hoping other families will join us in future Explorations.  Today's group had a 4th, two 3rd, two 2nd, a K, a Pre-K, and three toddler/babies.
I like this picture because you can see all us moms in the reflection in the glass.
Jaya, Bima, and Mali
The Zoo was, well, a zoo today!  All thanks to the sweet little baby tigers in this picture.  They were born May 25 and have only been on display for six weeks.
IJ and his best friend got to ride the camel again.  These boys have a lot of fun together at Cub Scouts and we are so glad they are homeschooling this year!
The D Kids plus One More Buddy
Of course I have to have my Polar Bear picture!  Here's a link to last year's post.
F and her buddy
We played and played and looked at so many animals that I think my feet are going to fall off!  Then we let the kids ride the carousel.  This was F's first time riding!
The cherry on top was sending both IJ and S over to their buddy's house to play!
I love goofy grins on 8 year old boys faces!