Tuesday, November 30, 2010

E is Five

Yesterday my little girl turned 5 years old!  We had a small party with a few friends (and their older brothers).  A small party for us is 12 kids and 4 moms.  I pulled out MA's china set and had coffee in style with the moms.  The boys were set loose outdoors and kept themselves busy with forts and pine cone fights and archery until I hollered, "Ice Cream!" out the window.  The girls and babies were quiet and content playing indoors with E's presents.  What a perfect day.
And today, now that she is five, she can read!  We are on Lesson 13 and E read her first short story.  This girl is dynamite!  I am going to love homeschooling her.  She is so smart and quick and capable. God has entrusted me with this wonderful child to raise; this is a task that I won't take lightly.