Friday, November 19, 2010

Rainy Day Leaf Collecting Field Trip?

"Please, Mom.  Collect with us!"
Today I had planned on taking the kids out for a nature walk and collecting autumn leaves for an art project.  I came across the art project in a art curriculum book that I had purchased and forgot about.  Yes, I've gotten to that point.  I've accumulated enough homeschool curricula that I can no longer remember what I own (and I have more on the way-another joy of the large, homeschooling family).

But it was raining too hard for me.  We got drenched, the leaves were drenched, and S still hadn't finished working on his assignments by the time we got back.  I tried motivating him to finish with a stick-taking his Pokemon cards away for the weekend.  He only cried and cried and cried.  So then I tried a carrot- offering him a brand new Pokemon card if he quit his bawling and hurried up already!!!

And when I opened the new pack (because I was being sneaky-I didn't want S to know that I had a whole new pack of cards), I came across:
"I'd love to collect with you..."
Arceus Level X!  One of the two cards that S has been hoping for!  And it's all mine!  Because I've decided to collect Pokemon cards too...and teach them how to trade...and not get taken advantage of...and give them away as motivators...