Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We Survived...

...two disasters at once: F being sick with a fever of 103 and a 24 hour power outage.  Our computers didn't fare so well.  One is off the network or has a fried hard drive or something.  Only M knows.  Which is why I'm lucky to be blogging; I can't remember my passwords without my password program!

F was sick was a fever for three days.  She is still a little whiny and has a cough, but she is no longer hot.  I'm thankful I didn't have to take her and the five other kids (mine plus our "adopted" kid) to the doctor!

And the cherry on top was losing our power for 24 hours.  A power outage to me is no big deal.  I don't have to do laundry, dishes, or vacuum.  I can knit and read and play games to my heart's content.  Losing power is harder on other members of my family.  They can't run the space heater or use the computer.  The kids survived by playing flashlight hide n' seek and "camping" in the tent set up by the wood stove.  I couldn't cook a nasty healthy breakfast for them, so they had to eat cake (fooled them-ha!).