Monday, November 1, 2010

Grandad's New Car

Yesterday we traded in Grandad's old stick-shift station wagon for a new senior-friendly Honda CR-V.  The Pathetic Doberman is so upset she started chewing up stuffed animals again.  And Grandad forgot all about his new car by this morning and thought I had company!  "Yesterday was a blur to me," he said when he remembered he had a new car (and the monthly payment to go with it).

M spent months researching which vehicle would meet the most needs in our diverse household.  I wouldn't comment until I could sit in the driver's seat and look at how many people can fit in the backseat.

I have really long hair; it reaches my waist.  I can now tuck it into the back of my pants (which would probably be as embarrassing as walking out of the bathroom with TP stuck to my shoe).  One reason I have such long hair is because I don't really have the time to set up a baby sitter and set up an appointment to have a professional cut it.  The other is because M likes to tell me how pretty he thinks my hair is and I like the compliments.  What does this have to do with the new car?  Well, when I sat in the driver's seat of the CR-V and the headrest hit me right where my bun is located and my head was forced into an uncomfortable angle... and I said I didn't like the car because of the head rest... M snapped, "Cut your hair!"  I guess I'll be heading out to the beauty parlor now... and all my bee-yoo-tiful hair will be gone!  Mwa-ha-ha-ha!