Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Super Iron S

Last night at our baseball game, S had to leave the field to use the little boys room.  As he was heading around the back stop, a kid took a practice swing with a bat and slammed S across his arm and chest.  Neither boy knew the other was there.  The parents all gasped in horror.  One coach out by center field heard the thump.  A dad felt the vibration hit his own body. 

And he wasn't hurt!  I asked, over and over, to the point where S was quite irritated with me.  He just needed to go to the bathroom!  I called our 24-hour nurse to see if I should bring him in to the ER (because the coach was really worried), but she said to just keep an eye on him.  Today he has a small bruise on his arm, but that is all!  Sometimes I think this boy has a special guardian angel that works overtime so S makes it to adulthood.