Sunday, May 15, 2011

Turkeys

We are having fun with our turkeys.  They have just started fluffing up their feathers and showing off their fan tails.  I tried to get them to fluff up for me, but they wouldn't do it.  I guess they just like me too much.
They do NOT like our one-eyed rooster.  Which is why he is a one-eyed rooster.  Two days ago he was a fierce, protective, two-eyed rooster that would attack me if I came too close.  Now he can't see me coming from the left.
We don't know for sure that a turkey got him.  It could be a hen tired of his attention. Or the other rooster.
I did manage to get this turkey to turn red!  But the turkeys are normally so calm when I'm in the pen with them.  They follow me around "pipping" for food.  The chickens will peck my legs when they are hungry.  The turkeys just pip.
The are so ugly in such a cute way.  Or is it cute in an ugly way?  Which ever it is, these are my favorite turkeys: