Friday, May 27, 2011

Meet Rodney and Teyla

This is right about lunch time (when I was scorching the kids' pizzas):
IJ and I actually saw the second chick come out of its egg.  I've just been on cloud nine all day.  Because I knew that the other chickens would not receive the new chicks very nicely and my quarantine area is occupied by eagle victims and sour crop sufferers, I moved the chicks indoors.

Now, at dinner time, the chicks are about 6 hours old.  They are so CUTE!
They went from floppy, weak newborn chicks to fuzzy little things that flop over and fall asleep wherever they have been standing.  Chicks are the cutest things ever.  And to think, I almost tossed the eggs out this morning.  Whew!  I'm glad they said something!  And I just noticed that I am using an old egg poaching cup for a food dish.  It doubles as a sleeping spot.  How funny is that?