Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Nose Story

A few minutes ago I heard F cry, "[D] just put a spider leg in his nose!!!"
F is a very inventive little girl, so I wasn't sure if I should believe her.  I looked at D and he was looking a little strange and wrinkling his nose.  He looked like something weird was in his nose.  I asked back and forth between the two of them, "Did you put something in your nose? Did you see him put something in his nose? Is there something in your nose?"  No good answer.  I looked and I could see...something that looked like a big, fat, spider body!!!

A few nights ago, my dearest, sweetest husband saved my life by killing a big, fat spider that had been living behind my dresser, right by the night light (we see a lot of these).  I'm convinced that this spider has a whole network of tunnels behind all the furniture in my bedroom because one night it was by my lamp...all the way on the opposite side of the room (at least I hope there was only one)!  Sometimes that spider would be sitting in the dark, waiting for an unshod toe to flip on the night light switch.  It managed to escape many nights, because the moment I would scream and run to get my hero, the spider would return to its scary lair...until M smacked him and killed him dead...with my hairbrush.  "It was the perfect tool for the job," he said as he put the unwashed brush back in my basket.
Not a picture of D's nose: Wikipedia image

I saw the big, fat spider body shape in my baby's nose and started to panic.  Was it alive? Was it biting him? Oh my goodness, what should I do?  It wasn't like I'd never dealt with foreign objects lodged in noses.  IJ stuffed a crayon piece in his nose at this age.  E used a pea, also at this age.  S has a special story all his own and he was not two years old.  In fact, it was four years ago yesterday that it happened.  (And on a side note, IJ said "Happy bead birthday to you!" to S)  ...So, trying to NOT panic, I tried to reach the object I could see in D's nose.  It scooted up a little further, therefor proving that it was an alive spider.

Luckily the scooting activated D's sneezing reflex, so all I had to do was wait with my hand outstretched.  I received his gift...which was...a petrified banana string wrapped in a ball and not a spider at all.  I was yuckily relieved.

S would like to close this post with a joke he made up: Why was the spider always online? He was checking his website.