Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Love Vitamix!

My Vitamix is five years old.  On June 11th, while I was making...well, now I can't remember, but it was something with eggs, the canister base came unscrewed and flooded the unit.  It shorted and would not turn back on.  I use my Vitamix almost every day, so losing it was like losing an arm.
Beet Greens...yum!
I contacted customer service through a form on the website, but I never heard back.  Three days later I emailed and....nothing.  I emailed again, two days later.  Nothing!  And I was getting MAD.  Vitamix is supposed to have the best blender in the world with the most awesome warranty! Why were they ignoring me?
See? Yum!
Finally, I called.  I explained the problem, how I had tried to contact them, and whined about how my spinach bolted and went to seed while I was waiting for them to contact me.  Now the kale and chard and beet greens were getting all nasty, because who wants to actually CHEW those things? Ew!  The next time I checked my email, I had a shipping label for Fedex overnight to their repair house.
Oh, yeah!
I dropped my precious blender off last Thursday, only five days ago.  Today, the UPS man dropped it off.  Just in time too; I washed a huge pile of beet greens this morning, but hadn't gotten around to blanching them yet.
Um, yeah...
Not only did they fix my blender, they sent me a brand new canister and tamper!  It's so SHINY!  I think I'm going to be drinking my meals for the rest of the day.  *happy sigh*