Wednesday, July 3, 2013

If...Then...

When information outside my grasp effects projects I'm working on, I get frustrated.

If MP3 doesn't accept students from out of district next year, then I need to have a back up plan for curriculum and how to pay for it.  If we use our own money, our curriculum choices, especially math, will be in a different format, and I will need to have a different daily routine so that I can present material for four children instead of using the computer for two... If I don't have school district support and I don't have to follow their rules, then I can just dump science for a year and spend half of every day doing language arts and never do art.  But if I do participate with the school district program, then I will just do a few language arts workbooks and call it good so we have enough time to cover all mandatory subjects.  If we don't get to participate, I would like to start school now so we can take a break when this baby (we call it Lucky) is born.  If we do participate, I still would like to start some subjects now so I can get that head start, but since I can't get my curriculum until September, we'll just have to work through Lucky's birth so we can continue to meet our monthly goals...

...since I can't get anything school related accomplished until MP3 lets us know if we can still use their program, I guess I'll try to get baby stuff done.  I only have two months left of summer before we are schooling full time and I have lots to do! Sewing, knitting, sorting baby clothes...

If Lucky is a boy, I can take all the flannel scraps from pajamas I've made for Ian and Shane and turn them into cool diapers with tanks, baseballs, and snakes.  If Lucky is a girl, I have plenty of newborn sized girl-themed diapers, plus I have some turtle fabric I can turn into gender-neutral diapers in the medium size for Lula.  If Lucky is a girl, we will have four girls and three boys in the house and three bedrooms.  It won't really work to put Daniel in with Ian and Shane because there is such an age difference.  But if Lucky is a boy, then Daniel and the baby can share the room where the girls are currently, and the three girls can all fit in the large bedroom.  But until then, Daniel, Lula, and Lucky will share the big room.  I can't possibly move furniture, unpack baby clothes, sew diapers, or anything until I know if Lucky is a boy or a girl!!!

Isn't it nice when the answers to the two most important questions come on the same day?

We still get MP3 funding for next year and Lucky is a GIRL.